Any Military action against Iran would result in “all-out war”: Iranian Foreign Minister

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif/ Image: NBC

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif reiterated his stand on the recent assumptions of any possible military actions against Iran in the wake of the attack on Saudi Aramco oil supply. 

Drone attack on Saudi Aramco soared the oil market by at least 20%. The attacks on the oil supply started a series of fires that took out nearly half of Saudi’s oil production — 5% of the global daily output.

The responsibility for the attacks claimed by Yemen’s Houthi rebels, saying they conducted the strikes — using 10 drones — in retaliation for Saudi Arabia’s military campaign against the rebel group in Yemen.

Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif in an interview with CNN said, “I am making a very serious statement that we don’t want war; we don’t want to engage in a military confrontation … But we won’t blink to defend our territory.”

Asked what the consequence of an American or a Saudi military strike on Iran would be, Zarif said “an all=out war”.

Yemen is on the crossroads of the proxy war between Saudi Arabia and Iran, where the nationalist forces are backed by the Saudi regime and Houthi rebels are tip-toeing Iranian policies in the Arabian peninsula.

The U.S. President Trump has already called for the increase in sanctions against the Islamic Republic of Iran. Trump in his tweet said, “I have just instructed the Secretary of the Treasury to substantially increase Sanctions on the country of Iran!”

Earlier, on September 17, Iranian Foreign Minister tweeted, “Just imagine: The US isn’t upset when its allies mercilessly BOMB babies in Yemen for over 4 years—with its arms and its military assistance. But it is terribly upset when the victims react the only way they can—against the aggressor’s OIL refineries. #EndYemenWarNow

This tweet was mocking the United States and President Trump for their support to Saudi regime in the Yemen Crisis, which has caused between 8,670–13,600 deaths, including more than 5,200 civilians, as well as estimates of more than 50,000 deaths as a result of an ongoing famine due to the war.

Zarif had earlier warned on Twitter that what he describes as the B team – including Israeli PM Netanyahu and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman – was deceiving President Trump into a war against Iran.

Get feeds directly at WhatsApp Inbox. Click here to subscribe

The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Kootneeti Team

Donate

Support our Independent Journalism

Facebook Comments

Md. Faiz Ansari

Md. Faiz Ansari is an Associate Editor at The Kootneeti. He can be reached at mdfaiz@thekootneeti.in

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *