List of MoUs exchanged during Brazilian President Bolsonaro’s visit to India
Brazil President, Jair Bolsonaro, is on a State visit to India from 25-27 January 2020 at the invitation of PM Modi. Bolsonaro is on his first State Visit to India and becomes the third Brazilian President to receive the honour as Chief Guest at India’s Republic Day Parade.
President Bolsonaro is accompanied by a high-level delegation including the Ministers of Foreign Affairs; Acting Chief of Staff; Agriculture and Livestock; Mines and Energy; Science, Technology, Innovation and Communications; Chief of the Secretariat of Government; and Institutional Security Office; as well as Members of Parliament, senior officials of the Brazilian government and a large business delegation.
Both the countries inked 15 MoUs/Agreements to enhance cooperation:
- MoU on Bioenergy Cooperation.
- Cooperation in the field of Oil and Natural Gas between Ministry Of Petroleum And Natural Gas, India and Ministry of Mines & Energy, Brazil.
- Investment Cooperation and Facilitation Treaty.
- Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters.
- MoU between the Ministry of Women and Child Development, India and the Ministry of Citizenship, Brazil in the field of Early Childhood.
- MoU between the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, India and the Ministry of Health, Brazil on Cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine.
- MoU between the Ministry of AYUSH, India and the Ministry of Health, Brazil on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
- Cultural Exchange Programme for the period 2020-2024.
- Social Security.
- MoU on Cooperation between the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY), India and the General Coordination of Network Incident Treatment Centre, Department of Information Security, Institutional Security, Cabinet of the Presidency, Brazil (CGCTIR/DSI/GSI) on cooperation in the area of Cyber Security.
- Programme of Scientific and Technological Cooperation for implementing the agreement on scientific and technological cooperation (2020-2023).
- MoU on Cooperation in the field of Geology and Mineral Resources between Geological Survey of India (GSI), Ministry of Mines, India and the Geological Survey of Brazil- CPRM, Ministry of Mines and Energy, Brazil.
- MoU between Invest India and the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex Brazil).
- Joint Declaration of Intent between Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, India and the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Food Supply, Brazil for Cooperation in the fields of Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
- MoU between Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., India and Centro Nacional de PesquisaemEnergia e Materiais (CNPEM) on Cooperation for establishing a nodal institution in India to carry out research on Bioenergy.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Kootneeti Team