India, Germany signed agreements in AI, Space, Green mobility & Marine
German Chancellor Merkel is on a two-day visit to India. Merkel will hold extensive talks with the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on further expanding overall bilateral ties.
German Chancellor will be participating in the 5th Indo-German Inter-Governmental Consultations. IGC is a unique broad-format dialogue chaired by both the leaders with members of Cabinet participating from both sides.
Heiko Maas, German Minister of Foreign Affairs is part of the delegation visiting India. Today in presence of both the leaders, German Minister exchanged Agreements with his Indian counterpart S. Jaishankar in the areas of Artificial Intelligence, Space, Cooperation, Green Mobility, Marine Littering and Strategic Cooperation.
List of MoUs/Agreements signed during the visit of Chancellor of Germany to India (November 1, 2019)
- Joint Declaration of Intent on Consultations for the period 2020-2024.
- Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) of Regarding Cooperation on Strategic Projects.
- Joint Declaration of Intent on Indo-German Partnership for Green Urban Mobility.
- Joint Declaration of Intent for Joint Cooperation in Research & Development on Artificial Intelligence.
- Joint Declaration of Intent regarding the cooperation in the field of prevention of marine litter.
List of Agreements/ MoUs signed on the sidelines
1. Implementing Arrangement for Exchange of Personnel between ISRO and German Aerospace Centre
2. Joint Declaration of Intent on Cooperation in the Field of Civil Aviation
3. Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI) on Cooperation within the International Smart Cities Network
4. Joint Declaration of Intent between on Cooperation in the Field of Skills Development and Vocational Education and Training
5. Declaration of Intent on Strengthening Economic Cooperation in the field of Start-ups
6. Joint Declaration of Intent on the Establishment of Bilateral Cooperation Project regarding Agricultural Market Development
7. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in the field of Occupational Diseases, Re-habilitation and vocational training of Insured Persons & workers with disabilities
8. Memorandum of Understanding For Cooperation in Inland, Coastal and Maritime Technology
9. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote, establish and expand scientific and technological research cooperation
10. MoU on Establishment of an Academic Collaboration in Ayurveda, Yoga and Meditation
11. Addendum to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Germany on Cooperation in the Field of Higher Education for Extension of the period of Indo-German Partnership in Higher Education
12. MoU between National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management MANAGE and the German Agricultural Academy DEULA in the city of Nienburg on collaboration in agricultural technical and professional training
13. Joint Declaration of Intent between Siemens Limited, India and MSDE and German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development on Skills for Sustainable Growth
14. MoU on the Extension of Indo-German Partnership in Higher Education
15. Memorandum of Understanding regarding cooperation between the National Museum, the National Gallery of Modern Art, the Indian Museum Kolkata, the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation and the Stiftung Humboldt Forum in Berliner Schloss
16. Memorandum of Understanding between All India Football Federation (AIFF) and Deutscher Fußball-Bund e.V (DFB)
17. Statement of Intent on the key elements of the Indo-German Migration and Mobility Partnership Agreement
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Kootneeti Team