List of MoUs/ Agreements exchanged during the visit of PM Modi to Vladivostok
Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi is on a two-day to Russia, Ahead of Eastern Economic Forum, Prime Minister met Russian President Vladimir Putin in the morning and took a tour of the Zvezda shipbuilding complex. Modi is in Russia as the chief guest of the 5th Eastern Economic Forum. He will also take part in the 20th India-Russia Annual Summit and hold bilateral talks with President Putin. Ahead of his departure to Vladivostok, PM Modi said his visit to the far-east region of Russia is the first by any Indian prime minister. PM Modi said his visit underlines the desire of India and Russia to diversify and further strengthen the bonds of our robust bilateral relations.
List of MOUs/Agreements signed:
1. Joint Statement “Reaching New Heights of Cooperation through Trust and Partnership”.
2. Joint Strategy for the Enhancement of India- Russia Trade and Investments.
3. Agreement between the Government of the Republic of India and Government of the Russian Federation and on the cooperation in the production of spare parts for Russian/Soviet military equipment.
4. Agreement between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Russian Federation on Cooperation in Audiovisual Co-production.
5. Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation on bilateral cooperation in the road transport and road industry.
6. Memorandum of Intent between the Ministry of Shipping of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation on the Development of Maritime Communications between the Port of Chennai, Republic of India and the Port of Vladivostok, Russian Federation.
7. Plan for cooperation between the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs, Ministry of Finance, Republic of India and the Federal Customs Service (Russian Federation), for combating customs violations in 2019-2022.
8. Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas of the Republic of India on the use of Natural Gas for Transportation.
9. Program between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation on expansion of cooperation in oil and gas sector.
10. Memorandum of Understanding between Coal India Limited and Far East Investment and Export Agency to cooperate in coking coal mining projects implementation in the Russian Far East.
11. Cooperation Agreement between Invest India and the Russian Direct Investment Fund for Investment Collaboration.
12. Cooperation agreement between the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry the Roscongress Foundation.
13. Memorandum of Understanding between the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and the Autonomous Non-profit Organization Agency for Strategic Initiatives to promote New Projects.
14. Memorandum of understanding between the Joint Stock Company NOVATEK and PETRONET LNG Limited on cooperation with respect to the joint development of downstream LNG Business and LNG supplies.
15. Agreement on Cooperation between Joint-Stock Company Rosgeologia and Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited;
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Kootneeti Team