India signs 8 MOU with Singapore
During the visit of Prime Minister Modi to Singapore, India signed 8 MOUs to boost bilateral relations between two countries and strengthen the Act East Policy.
Prime Minister Modi is currently on an official visit to Indonesia and Singapore at the invitation of H.E. Mr. Joko Widodo, President of Indonesia and H.E. Mr. Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister of Singapore respectively. He will also made a brief stopover in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 31 May 2018 to meet the newly elected Prime Minister of Malaysia, H. E. Dr. Mahathir Mohammad.
8 MOUs signed are:
- Joint Statement on conclusion of second review of CECA.
- Mutual Recognition Agreement on Nursing.
- Implementation agreement between Indian Navy and Republic of Singapore Navy concerning Mutual Coordination, Logistics and Services Support for Naval Ships’, Submarines and Naval Aircraft (including Ship borne Aviation Assets) visits
- Extension of the Memorandum of Understanding between the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-IN) Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India and the Singapore Computer Emergency Response Team (SINGCERT), cyber security agency of the Republic of Singapore on cooperation in the area of cyber security.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) of the Republic of India and the Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) of the Republic of Singapore on Cooperation to Combat Illicit Trafficking in Narcotic Drugs, Psychotropic Substances and their Precursors.
- Memorandum of Understanding between The Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions of the Republic of India and the Public Service Division of the Republic of Singapore on Cooperation in the field of Personnel Management and Public Administration
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Department of Economic Affairs, ministry of Finance, Government of India and the Monetary Authority of Singapore on the constitution of a Joint Working Group (JWG) on Fintech between Indian and Singapore.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the NITI Aayog and Singapore Cooperation Enterprise (SCE) on Cooperation in the Field of Planning
Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore, three countries in ASEAN, are Strategic Partners of India. Government of India attaches high importance to its relations with the ASEAN region and is committed to deepening its relationship with individual ASEAN member states, within the framework of Government’s Act East Policy. The visit would enable the Leaders to discuss bilateral, regional and international issues of mutual interest.
Source: MEA MukhiThe Kootneeti Indian Diplomacy
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Kootneeti Team
Support our Independent Journalism