India signs MoU with BRICS Nations on the Regional Aviation Partnership
Indian Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) amongst BRICS Nations on the Regional Aviation Partnership Cooperation viz. Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
The objective is that BRICS countries would benefit from the establishment of an institutional framework to cooperate in the field of civil aviation. Among the areas of cooperation, the following areas have been identified:
- Public Policies and best practices in regional services;
- Regional Airports;
- Airport infrastructure management and air navigation services;
- Technical cooperation between regulatory agencies;
- Environment Sustainability; including deliberation of global initiatives;
- Qualification and Training;
- Other fields as mutually determined
The MoU signifies an important landmark in the civil aviation relations between India and the other BRICS Member States and has the potential to spur greater trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchanges amongst the BRICS Nations.
Source: PIB Mukhi The Kootneeti Indian Diplomacy Team
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Kootneeti Team